Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wintour&Guinness Culture: Lana Del Ray, British Vogue & Poolside At The Chateau Marmont



I have to be honest… I wasn’t entirely sure about Lana Del Ray when I first heard about her. Yes I listen to Video Games and instantly loved its spooky, eerie sound – but I wasn’t too sure about Born To Die….maybe I just didn’t give it enough of a chance. Well how all that has changed. Three days after her album dropped her in Australia and she is everywhere. Her concert her in Melbourne despite being quietly promoted…sold out in just two minutes and well here she is on the cover of British Vogue. My hasn’t she done well for herself. I read quite a bit about how the media is changing their tune about her and is now saying that she isn’t really that great – but really that’s the world we live in now. I mean if you don’t have a top selling album months before its even out then well your toast. I love the album, I love the Vogue cover and I love her performances at the Chateau Marmont immensely. If you haven’t seen them….take a look. Truly amazing.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...