Monday, February 6, 2012

Wintour&Guinness: Laura Bailey For Radley & The Vogue Blog Collection

Laura Bailey for Radley

I’ve never made any secret of the fact that I love all things British, I know that’s not something you would usually hear from an Irish person, but I do love the heritage, the aesthetic and the traditional fashion. I love the English seaside, the weather, the buses, the cabs, the magazines, running around Hyde park in the evening and the food. I wonder to myself will I live there again in the future and something tells me yes…I just might. But in the meantime I will have to settle for lots of Liberty London Girl blog posts and speaking of blogs….I really am loving the Vogue blog series on Vogue’s UK website. Featuring the likes of Nicky Kinnard of SpaceNK and David Gandy – my fave has been Laura Baileys blog. I’ve popped her latest blog post below and I encourage all of you to have a rummage through the website and find out which blogs speak to you. Laura is now the face of British accessories brand Radley and in the new season campaign, styled by accessories guru Katie Hillier and shot by Angelo Pennetta, Bailey's long blonde hair takes centre stage against the backdrop of Camber Sands. She totes handbags from the new range, paired with her own classic, laid-back pieces: a crisp blue shirt, a cosy navy jumper, a battered army jacket. *The Telegraph

       

It's dawn in December and the Radley crew are huddled over coffee and croissants wondering whether darkness will melt into blues or greys. Photographer Angelo Pennetta strolls along the deserted, windswept Camber Sands whilst super-stylist and designer Katie Hillier and I wonder if I can sneak a thermal vest under a sundress...

I love the English seaside, even in the middle of the winter, and it was the perfect setting for the campaign shoot for Radley, the beloved British brand which champions creativity and craftsmanship - and affordable designer luxe - on the high street. Katie brought her own clear and quirky vision to the shoot, mixing classic stripes and trenches with old favourites from my own wardrobe. Day-tripping with friends, messing around on the beach, and musing on which of the beautiful Radley spring/summer bags to wear with what. Happy days. My favourites are the chestnut brown Holloway satchel, which fits perfectly into my bicycle basket, and the mini Grosvenor in tan which I wore with a vintage Jean Muir dress to the launch dinner at The Delauney last night. Something old, something new...

For more make sure to check out Vogue’s website.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...