Thursday, September 6, 2012

WINTOUR&GUINNESS LIFESTYLE: AESOP RESURRECTION AROMATIQUE HAND WASH

Recently I caught up with my former housemate Katherine for brunch at Little Rose Café. Situated at the back of the recently opened Rose Diner on Bay Street in Port Melbourne, Katherine has been sticking to a healthy lifestyle plan recently and looks all the better for it. Hopefully that hour or two will rub off on me and do something with this lack of motivation I am having at the moment. We started off the morning by ordering coffee’s and Melbourne I’ve learned over the last year and a half is coffee crazy and the basis of any great café and its survival is based on a good cup of coffee. I am trying my best to steer clear of the Starbucks, conglomerate coffee houses these days but I will be honest and say I do enjoy the odd cup of Starbucks once in a while. Purely for nostalgic reasons of course. So anyway back to brunch. It was really great to meet up with Katherine as it’s been really busy lately and weekends seem to fly by without realising and well anyway we booked the spot, we arrived, we ate, we laughed and Katherine brought a little present which was very much unexpected. When I first viewed my current apartment, two things stood out that made me go – yes this is the apartment for me. One, the kitchen had a lovely big bottle of L’Occitane Verbena Cleansing Hand Wash (always reminds me of my best friend Eimear’s Dublin home) and in the bathroom, a bottle of Aesop’s Resurrection Aromatique Hand Wash. Instantly I know this was the place for me and well how delighted was I when I opened up the bag and seen a huge bottle of the Aesop hand wash. Founded in 1987 by Aussie entrepreneur Dennis Paphitis, grooming brand Aesop has gone from strength to strength over the past few years what with its signature stores throughout Australia, as well as in Paris, London and Zürich, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan, with outlets in Europe, Asia, Canada and the United States. They have lovely androgynous apothecary-style packaging, very clean brand identity and beautiful smelling botanical products. The Resurrection range features anti-bacterial mandarin and rosemary and It is truly divine. Future guests beware: my love and patience can be bought with another bottle of this or any Aesop product for that matter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...