Tuesday, January 22, 2013

WINTOUR&GUINNESS ON THE VOGUE FACTOR BY FORMER AUSTRALIAN VOGUE EDITOR IN CHIEF KIRSTIE CLEMENTS

I have always been a fan of Kirstie Clements. Even before the big move to Australia, I was always reading Vogue Australia and it was always my favorite Vogue to be honest. Bright and colourful, there was a huge attraction to it due to the miserable weather we had when I lived in the UK and Ireland. This was due to the brilliant editing of done by Kirstie Clements, who was the editor of Australian Vogue for over ten years until the middle of last year. I must say I was upset to see her leave the magazine as she brought so much Australian sunshine to those days I was flicking through the magazine when the rain was pouring. And despite the magazine continuously churning out great issues, the magic touch and feel Kirstie had on the magazine is gone. Gone is the sunshine of Australia, replaced by the European flavour Edwina McCann infused Harper's BAZAAR with (McCann was poached from Harper's to helm Australian Vogue in 2012, replacing Clements). So Imagine my excitement when Clements announced her plans to write a memoir on her time at Australian Vogue and I for one cannot wait to read this book. Even more so than Grace Coddington's book I think. The release date is yet to be announced but I for one will be snapping this up ASAP the minute it arrives in store.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...