Tuesday, January 22, 2013

WINTOUR&GUINNESS VISITS LONDON TOWN AND TAKES A TRIP TO FRESH IN MARYLEBONE

So there I was, in London town and when you are in London on a short trip, you really have to strike while the iron is hot when it comes to shopping. Shopping in London is amazing, its like shopping in New York to be honest for you have everything you really need on your doorstep. There isn't anything that you cannot get there and when I found out I was going, I really sat down and thought about all the shops and places I needed to visit.

London holds so many amazing memories for me as I lived there for a year in 2008 and I try my best to go there as much as I can as I love the culture, the shopping, the restaurants and the people. Taking a trip to London wasn't initially on the plan for my trip home, but the lovely boyfriend surprised me at Christmas with flights, accommodation at the Mayfair Hotel and two tickets to see the musical Viva Forever. I ended up buying him some anti-aging skincare....my bad.

I knew I wanted to take a trip to the usual shopping destinations but one area I was keen to visit was Marylebone. Just north of Oxford street, Marylebone is the centre of uber-chic sophistication, its where the beautiful people hang out and I was dying to visit Fresh for absolute ages .Fresh is an American skincare brand that is very hard to buy for those of us who don't live in London or America. I have several friends living in New York and I envy just how easy it is for them to purchase it and knowing how expensive it is, I decided I had to visit their London store. Walking along the streets of Marylebone, lined with high-end luxury brands, Fresh fits in perfectly. Its a sophisticated line of skincare products that can be most easily described as a more high end version of Kiehl's. The store is very calm, clean and the fittings are crisp white making any shopping experience to Fresh pleasant.

I had heard so much about their products that I kind of knew which ones to look out for instantly and I grabbed a few small tubes of their Soy Face Cleanser. Because I was flying with no luggage I could check-in, I could only bring back packaging with less than 100ml so I had to stick to the 50ml tubes of face cleanser which was a pity. Another product I picked up was the Brown Sugar Hand Cream which I am using sporadically to ensure it keeps for a few months. I can't stress enough how great these products are. The face cleanser is incredible and I will be purchasing a large tube of this as soon as I finish up what I have now. I am dying to try their Seaberry Body Lotion once more after I tried it in my best friends house. I would even go as far as to say it tops Creme de Corps from Kiehl's.

For those of you not taking a trip to London or America soon, you can order Fresh products on Strawberry Net. However be aware the prices on Strawberry Net are huge inflated. But in my opinion worth it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...