Thursday, May 30, 2013

WINTOUR&GUINNESS TOOK A TRIP TO LONDON AND FELL IN LOVE WITH DEAN STREET TOWNHOUSE

A few months back, just after the hustle and bustle of Christmas and the grandeur of New Year’s Eve with my parents at the Eastern Seaboard Bar & Grill in my hometown of Drogheda (Ireland), Kevin and I headed to London for a few days of fun and frolics. We ate and drank our way around the city, dining at The Delaunay, Spuntino and Harvey Nichols Fifth Floor Restaurant in the Knightsbridge flagship. Now....while all of these places are extremely memorable for me, if I had to choose one place that really stood out for me and brings back great memories, its Dean Street Townhouse in Soho.

Located just off Old Compton Street, a street I know all too well from my time living in London one moves from the madness of the city streets to a calm oasis. If you are looking for a Saturday or Sunday brunch venue then Dean Street Townhouse is the weekend spot for you offering a cozy atmosphere in a charming Georgian townhouse. The unpretentious, relaxed environment makes it a great spot for the whole family and the inviting menu serving traditional British roasts as well as comforting all day breakfast dishes is comfort food for both children and adults alike. We decided to visit the spot after a fantastic night dining at Spuntino (recommended to me by Liberty London Girl during the trip) and watching an evening performance of Viva Forever.

Having lived in Melbourne for a few years now I am accustomed to a good coffee and expecting to get a typical weak, frothy "british" latte I was pleasantly surprised to find that the coffee was really really good here, sure why wouldn’t it be – this place is part of the Soho group so standards are pretty high. Sitting there for the afternoon we made our way through the weekend papers moving from lattes to pineapple and basil margaritas. Words fail me when I try to explain to people how amazing that drink was. Perfection in a glass. It was a wonderful afternoon and the perfect way to end what was one of the best weekends I’ve ever had. With another trip to London planned for next year – Dean Street Townhouse is one place I highly recommend visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...