Tuesday, November 12, 2013

WINTOUR&GUINNESS ON SEEING STRIPES

I have always been obsessed with stripes. I think it dates back to my childhood and early teens when I was I introduced to Ralph Lauren rugby tops in all colours and stripe orientations. I remember buying my first striped Ralph top in his Beverly Hills store way back when I was around 11 in my last year of primary school. It was in a pile of post Christmas sale stock and looking back it pretty much ran down to my knees but I bought it anyway, just to be to able to go back to school and tell everyone I shopped on Rodeo Drive. 


A few years later when I was beginning to work part time at the weekends I continued to buy the same sort of tops, however in those days I actually bought pieces that fitted me and it was this one top that I remember best, a top that I bought for my Christmas outfit that inspired me to paint my bedroom one weekend. It was a cream and navy rugby shirt. The stripes were horizontal and it was a top I cherished for years however the paint job outlasted the shirt by nearly a decade. Each of my four walls were painted in a similar manner to the shirt and I felt like I lived in a mini world of Ralph Lauren. It was great, even if I do say so myself. 
Those four walls still remain the way they did back when I lived in my childhood bedroom, however the bedroom now belongs to my sister and even though we are at opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to style, it's style that is mutually loved. The reason I was thinking about all these things this evening was because I saw the beautiful striped cushions on the Frankie & Swiss website from Megan Hess. For those in love with her designs now is your chance to have a piece smack bang in your home.  

Inspired by her recently released book Fashion House (check out the great little video below) Hess has designed a limited edition range of gorgeous 100% linen cushions made in various sizes using some of her most popular illustrations. For more information check out the Frankie & Swiss website here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...