Monday, January 20, 2014

WINTOUR&GUINNESS ON THE BEST OF DECEMBER EATING

It's very rare that I hit the city for brunch during the weekend. Having spent the week travelling in and out of it for work, I tend to stick to the outer suburbs like St. Kilda, Albert Park or South Yarra. During the lead up to Christmas I took a trip into the city to visit The Grain Store. Having heard a lot about it from my friend Abi, I decided to order the pancakes. What came out was a culinary masterpiece, as was Kevin's dish of poached eggs, homemade sausage and avo mash. Definitely worth a trip folks.



Every Sunday, my pals June, Darkus and I do a double class at our gym in Port Melbourne. The first session, Grit Strength is a mix of high intensity weights and intense cardio. It lasts only half an hour but it's so tough. We then grab a coffee before embarking on Body Pump. Afterwards, we head for brunch and two weeks ago we decided to visit HannaH. We had all read about this place and the hype was well deserved. I ordered the scrambled eggs on sourdough with lots of sides and what came out was delicious. Special mention also goes to the homemade baked beans with ham hock. Boy that was delicious.




I have written about pressed juices previously. I love the Brighton and Armadale branches and I was so excited to see that they opened another branch in the city around the be corner from my office. Located close to the Collins Street and Spring Street intersection, they stock all the usual varieties including my favourite spiced almond milk.




Before leaving for Perth, a group of us hit Top Paddock in Richmond for a Christmas brunch. I have always loved this spot and the hotcake is one of the best brunch dishes I have ever had. Great coffee, food and atmosphere make up for the odd bit of attitude from the staff, but huh that's hipster Melbourne for ya!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...