Friday, February 14, 2014

WINTOUR&GUINNESS VISITS LITTLE CREATURES BREWERY GREAT HALL IN FREMANTLE, WEST AUSTRALIA.



A few weeks back I travelled to Perth with some friends for the Christmas and New Year break. Looking back it was one of the best trips I’ve taken in Australia and one of the highlights was visiting Fremantle and eating at Little Creatures Brewery Great Hall. I had been to the Little Creatures Dining Hall in Fitzroy a few years back for various occasions and despite that particular venue being impressive, I was completely taken aback with the enormity and style of the Fremantle location. It was just spectacular.

Let me take you back to when this occurred. The group I was with and myself had been staying south of Fremantle in an area called Dunsborough for a few days and whilst making our way back to Perth, we decided to take a drive into Fremantle and check out the pier and its many cafes, bars and restaurants. With Little Creatures being such a Fremantle institution we made our way there after a walk of the surrounding area, luckily finding a spot right beside the open pizza bar. I am finding it hard to articulate just how big this place is, the building is absolutely enormous and extremely busy.


I am not really a beer drinker so I opted for a large refreshing sparkling water (did I mention it was sitting around the 35 degree mark that day), while the rest ordered various drinks produced by Little Creatures. All five of us just kept looking around and around, trying to take it all in and eventually we focused our attention on the menus. There was a huge selection of pizzas on the menu and sitting beside the open kitchen we could see just how generously the chefs were being with the toppings. They looked sensational, as did the sandwiches and mussels that kept coming out of the kitchen. Stephen decided to order the falafel, Darkus the oysters, Kevin and Jarrod both ordered the spicy mussels with toasted sourdough and I ordered the steak sandwich. Although not the best fan of mussels, the portion was generous and came with proper homemade fries and bread for mopping up the juices. Stephens falafel went down a treat and my steak sandwich was absolutely amazing, especially when I dipped the last bits of it into some sauce from the mussels. It was casual dining at its best and somewhere I would highly recommend visiting if in the area. It’s a shame we didn’t get to venture into Fremantle itself as it looks like an incredible spot, great architecture and some great looking foodie spots such as Bread In Common.

For more information on Little Creatures and their various locations around Australia check out their website here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...