Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WINTOUR&GUINNESS OUT AND ABOUT IN SYDNEY (AND TRYING TO KEEP OUT OF THE RAIN)

                                                                            I am sitting in a teeny tiny cafe called Fragrance Coffee Lab in Sydney's Darlinghurst superb having a coffee at 8.50 trying to keep myself dry. I arrived in Sydney on Wednesday evening for a work event and decided to treat myself to a long weekend here, truth be known I didn't know it was Mardi Gras weekend here until it was all arranged. Each year, my company brings together the various offices dotted around Australia, to celebrate the past year and present the game plan for the upcoming year. 



This year we ended up in remote NSW, kayaking, mountain climbing (a climbing wall to be precise), playing laser tag and making a music video. Yep, you read that correct a music video, and a hip hop one at that. Arriving on Wednesday night, I checked in to my hotel in North Sydney and then made my way to meet some of my colleagues at Bangkok Sidewalk for some Thai food. I ordered the massamam curry with roti bread and jasmine rice and it was the most delicious Thai food I've eaten in a long time. The beef literally melted in my mouth. I began Thursday morning with an early morning walk across the Harbour bridge towards the city, taking in that amazing view. How could you ever get sick of that view?



After the crazy day in remote NSW, I quickly checked out of my hotel this morning and made my way into the city. I'm not one for lying in when I am off. I get up early, get my stuff sorted and get out and about. I love pottering around new places, exploring the cafés, shops and culture. As I look out the window of the cafe I'm sitting in, I'm praying that the weather clears up shortly. 



It makes me laugh every time I am in Sydney and planning a trip to Bill Granger's cafe, Bills, it's always raining. It doesn't bother me though; it's a little bit of pain for a lot of culinary gain. The scrambled eggs are to die for.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...