Saturday, May 10, 2014

WINTOUR&GUINNESS ATTENDS THE HARPER'S BAZAAR CHARITY EVENT AT ARC ONE GALLERY IN CELEBRATION OF PETALUMA CROSER VINTAGE'S COLLABORATION WITH MEGAN HESS

The dark nights have set in and leaving the office at 6.15 last Wednesday, you would swear it was midnight. The streets were empty, the shops and cafes all shut and the only lights that shone bright were those that came from the Louis Vuitton / Grand Hyatt building on Russell Street. That all changed though when I turned the corner onto Flinders Lane and saw the hustle and bustle starting at The Meatball & Wine Bar and continuing to Cumulus Inc. I arrived a little early for the event so I ducked my head into Cumulus for a quick glass of champagne. Sitting at the bar watching the people come and go, it amazed me how busy it was for a Wednesday evening. Its one of my personal faves and I can't wait to try out their new spot Supernormal later this month. 

After just the one glass, I made my way next door to Arc One Gallery for the event. I was here for the Petaluma Croser Vintage charity event which was held in association with Harper's BAZAAR to celebrate Crosers collaboration with Megan Hess. BAZAAR editor Kellie Hush hosted the event, mingled with guests (even listening to me go on and on about my love for the magazine) and Croser commissioned Megan to create two bespoke works for a silent auction which took place on the night. All proceeds from the night went to Dress For Success, an organisation that helps disadvantaged women gain employment. The mission of Dress for Success is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. 

The event was beautifully orchestrated with endless glasses of Croser and the most delicious canapés being served. It was only when one of the servers offered us duck Waffle, fois Gras & prune that I realised that the guys from Cumulus Inc were catering. That itself would have made the night a success, but there was a lot more to come. 

After greeting and mingling with guest (such as myself above), Hush made her way to the stage to welcome everyone and to invite Megan up to the stage to talk about  moments of our lives that deserve celebrating, her finest moments and whats in store for the future. 

Afterwards there was a huge rush to get photos and autographs with Megan and Kellie at the media wall and the Croser and canapés kept on coming for those mingling. Steak tartare, bocconcini fritters and grilled baby corn were just some of the delights that came from the kitchen. At the end of the evening the winners of the silent auction were announced with the generous donations greatly appreciated. 

As it was a school night for me and with the following day looking pretty busy with lots of meetings, I made my way home around nine-ish, clutching one of the goodie bags and laughing to myself about all the funny things that happened throughout the night. Another super night thanks to the guys at Harper's and Bauer Media.  






Wintour&Guinness was a guest of Harper's BAZAAR & The Bauer Media Group.

Coat by All Saints & scarf by Burberry London.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...