So its pretty certain that there will be at least one night in our household where I'll whip up this dish. I call this one my easy peasy chorizo, spinach, caramelised onion and feta cheese frittata. Not your traditional frittata as such but rather a beautifully fluffy egg dish full of flavour. The beauty of it is you can really put anything you want into it. My current ingredients of choice are Clonakilty black pudding, tomato and avocado.
Beware, this really is a very simple recipe. What you will need is….
1/2 of a chorizo sausage
A handful of spinach
75 grams of feta cheese
1/2 of a white onion
2 teaspoons of oil (I use olive oil)
1) Pour a teaspoon of oil in the wok. Grab a piece of kitchen paper and rub the entire wok with the oil. Turn on the heat.
2) Turn on your grill to a medium heat.
2) Cut your chorizo into cm wide pieces, and fry in the oil making sure to caramelise the outside.
3) Slice the onions thinly and add to the wok until nice and soft.
4) In a bowl crack the eggs and beat until fully mixed. Then add the feta cheese, spinach and add the mixture to the wok.
5) Leave the mixture to set on the bottom, moving the wok to under the grill for 5-10 mins until the top is nice and golden.
6) Once the mixture seems set, remove from the pan and enjoy.
Perfect with some smashed avocado on the side or toasted sourdough.