Sunday, June 8, 2014

WINTOUR&GUINNESS ON BEING CLEAN & LEAN WITH THE HELP OF JAMES DUIGAN'S WARRIOR BOOK & MIRANDA KERR'S SUPERFOOD LIST

Bluhhhh, yes exactly. That pretty much sums up how I felt on Friday night going to bed after gorging on some pizza and chocolate biscuits. Friday nights are indeed a time to indulge, especially after a hard week at work but is that feeling, the one I just described above worth it the next morning? Usually on a weekend morning, I will be up and about at seven-ish, heading for a coffee before a trip to the gym for a Les Mill's Body Pump and Body Attack double whammy. It's a routine I've been in a for a long time  now but lately its the last thing I want to do on a weekend morning. So looking for a bit of motivation I've been looking to Bodyism's James Duigan and his book Warrior for some hints and tips on how to get back into the swing of things. Sticking to a clean diet is one of his mantra's and his first piece of advice is to cut the C.R.A.P. out of your diet. C.R.A.P. being caffeine, refined sugar, alcohol and processed foods. The book is extensive in terms of nutritional information, healthy recipes, workout routines and is thoroughly a great book to read. When the likes of Rosie Huntington Whiteley and David Gandy endorse someone like James and the Bodyism brand - you know its gotta to be good. 

I've also been taking hints and tips from Miranda Kerr, who recently collaborated with Net-A-Porter on a series of short videos discussing health, nutrition and fitness. Taking inspiration from her morning smoothie I've been using the above "super foods" in my breakfast. Gone are the days where a venti skinny caramel macchiato and a cinnamon swirl made up breakfast, these days I am trying to cut the C.R.A.P. and stick to a mixture of Five AM natural yogurt, goji berries, blueberries, almonds, Loving Earth organic raw maca powder, Loving Earth raw organic cacao powder and bee pollen. Its a whopper of a breakfast and one you should all try out. I've been feeling much better each morning eating this. Check out Miranda's video below.


Now to make over the other three meals of my day. If you have any good ideas on clean eating let me know. 

Warrior by James Duigan is available at all good bookshops and online at bodyism.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...