Thursday, December 4, 2014

WINTOUR&GUINNESS ATTENDS THE EXCLUSIVE LAUNCH OF ARQUISTES LATEST FRAGRANCES AT PEONY HAUTE PARFUMERIE

Cocktail time, March 1930, London. A group of architects gather for cocktails at Mayfair’s smartest Art Deco smoking room. As they settle in the warm interior of dark woods, leather and velvet, London’s bright young things burst in, frosted martinis in hand, surrounded by a cloud of laughter, white smoke and fine vanilla. 

This could sound like a scene from one of my dreams and yet despite having always wanted to pop into Claridge’s for a few gin martinis or a spot of afternoon tea, time was never on my side when I lived in London. Actually, let me correct that. Time was always on my side, it was just my graduate bank balance that wasn't. 
Recently, Peony Haute Parfumerie held the exclusive launch of the latest fragrances from luxury fragrance brand Arquiste at their beautiful Hawthorn location and I was delighted to be invited along. I had spoken many times on the blog about the brand and its founder Carlos Huber, so it was an amazing opportunity to finally meet and speak to the man himself in person. 

Carlos had travelled from his base in New York to launch the latest fragrances to join the Arquiste family, L’Etrog Acqua and The Architects Club. Beginning his trip in Melbourne, it later took him to New Zealand and back to Australia, where he launched them at the exquisite Becker Minty in Potts Point. 
The beautiful Jill, who owns Peony, had put on the most amazing afternoon of delicious treats ranging from the most incredible mini chicken sandwiches, to Necter & Stone chocolates, to vanilla bean macaron and endless flutes of champagne. Add to this a whole afternoon of listening and talking to Carlos about Arquiste and his time in Australia and you have one pretty amazing evening. 
I invited two friends to the event that evening, both of whom are enthusiastic about fragrance and it was great to have the opportunity to explore new brands I wasn't too familiar with and learn about the fragrances they were passionate about. I spent alot of the evening listening to Carlos tell the story behind each of his fragrances eager to add another one to my collection. After trying out L'Etrog Acqua and The Architects Club, I decided to grab myself a bottle of The Architects Club, feeling that its woody, vanilla scent would be perfect for warming up a chilly Irish night. 
Peony Haute Parfumerie itself, is one of the best fragrance boutiques I have visited over the last few years and Jill's passion and expertise in finding the most exquisite brands is second to none. An afternoon wandering around the store is definitely on the cards before my move back home and I would highly recommend a trip there if you haven't been. 

A big thank you to the team at Peony Haute Parfumerie and Carlos Huber for a great evening. Make sure to check Arquiste out here and Peony Haute Parfumerie for any upcoming Christmas gift ideas. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...