Monday, December 8, 2014

WINTOUR&GUINNESS WANDERS NORTH TO ABBOTSFORD FOR BRUNCH AT THREE BAGS FULL



So I had been saying for months to a few friends that we needed to organise a trip to Three Bags Full. You see, there was a brief moment in time when it was top of the list when it came to brunch spots in the city and sometimes I, myself would venture there on the 109 tram from Port Melbourne. Quite a journey for a few poached eggs and a coffee I must admit, but the coffee and brunch menu is good, very very good.



The cafe is without a doubt the top brunch spot in Abbotsford and is housed in the renovated Denton Hat Mills factory just off Victoria Street in the heart of what many call the 'Little Vietnam" of Melbourne. Abbotsford is a suburb of Melbourne, two kilometres east of the central business district, bounded by Collingwood, Richmond and Clifton Hill and separated from Kew by the meandering muddy Yarra. 


The area takes its name from the estate of John Orr, which in turn is named after a ford in Scotland's Tweed River, used by the Abbott of Melrose Abbey. It has become extremely popular over the last few years for those wanting to live close to the city without the suffocating feeling of living in a major cosmopolitan city like Melbourne. 

Its very rare that you rock up to Three Bags Full and find a free table, its not that kind of place. When we arrived there was a short wait but nothing major. Directed towards a spot next to one of the gigantic industrial windows, I immediately ordered an extra hot latte and Kevin, a juice made up of celery, beetroot, carrot, ginger and lemon. I ordered poached eggs with a side of avocado and Kevin, the vegie breakfast. As I mentioned about Industry Beans a few weeks back, when the simplest of dishes are done perfectly, presented well and taste pretty damn good - you're onto a winner. I love this spot and although I probably wont get back there again before I leave Melbourne this Christmas I would encourage everyone to take a trip there. 

Three Bags Full
Corner of Mollison Street & Nicholson Street, 
Abbotsford,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...