Monday, November 9, 2015

WINTOUR&GUINNESS AND A TRIP TO DESELBY'S OF CAMDEN STREET

Time can go by so quickly when you take your eye off the ball. Its been quite a while since I last blogged and it doesn’t bother me that I haven’t written anything for quite some time. Sometimes you need that time off to recharge the batteries, get out there amongst the crowd and explore your surroundings. 

Over the last few months, I’ve slowly developed a fondness for Dublin that didn’t immediately come about when I moved back last Decembver. Living in Australia for four years, it’s taken nearly a year to just come to terms with the fact that I’m back living in Ireland and will be for the foreseeable future. Melbourne’s strengths plagued me for so long but now the strengths of Dublin are starting to catch up and there are times when I walk through the streets of certain areas and I think to myself Damn this is one amazing place, you’re lucky to have the chance to live in such a place, especially when so many people don’t have the opportunity to stay here for good.



One of the best things about getting out and about is seeing all the amazing shops that currently exist and those that are opening up. One such place that I’ve really taken a shine too is DeSelby’s on Camden Street. I had been walking up and down Camden Street for a few months, watching the works taking place on the building and wondered to myself what exactly was happening behind those closed doors. What opened is something quite different to what’s already on the Dublin food scene and for me that’s rather exciting. The beautiful exterior façade, with its mixture of stained and clear glass windows creates a great mood when you’re sitting inside, the light accentuating various elements of the beautiful interior. I happened to have a free morning recently, and having grabbed a few new magazines in a nearby newsagents; I decided to go it a go.




Serving Roasted Brown coffee, I ordered a flat white and what arrived was absolutely delicious. It hit the spot perfectly. Looking through the menu, there was a multitude of dishes I would have loved to have tasted, however the one that really grabbed me was the Ham Hock & Manchego Cheese toasted sandwich. Served on brioche bread, the meat was so succulent and full of flavour. Paired with the Manchego cheese, it was a rather rich dish, not one you would have everyday; but a definite showstopper. Other dishes that tempted me included the fresh crabmeat with lemon & basil, the pan-fried fish sandwich with pea & lemon and the Toulouse sausage bun with caramelized onion. The menu also extends to a number of flatbreads, which sounded delicious; as well as a number of pastries (including an incredible cinnamon swirl which I’ve seen across various social media platforms recently).


The café I believe has started to open in the evenings serving a vast selection of wines, a number of tasty dishes (such as a tuna tartare) and brunch at the weekends. It certainly gets my tick of approval and I look forward to visiting them again in the next few weeks. 

DeSelbys 
No. 9 Camden Street Lower
Dublin 8
Twitter: @DeSelbys9
Facebook: DeSelbys 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...