Sunday, December 6, 2015

WINTOUR&GUINNESS 2.0



Over the last few years as I’ve travelled to the other side of the world and back, there has always been one thing in particular that’s been a constant in my life; an insatiable appetite for food. Its been both a blessing and more so a curse for as long as I can remember and over the last twelve months since I returned to Ireland I’ve watched myself slip further and further into a hole that has lead me to feel, well not quite the person I want to be. You see if we go back, way way back to when I was 17 or 18, I was severely overweight. I was teased, constantly for how I looked and it was only when I left to go to college that I reached a weight that I was happy with. It wasn’t a miracle of sorts but rather a strenuous task that took over a year to achieve. I would go to school, go to the gym for 3 or 4 hours, head home and head straight to bed after a quick bite to eat. It was a routine that I followed for a few years and when I finished college – the routine ceased to occur. It wasn’t intentional; it was just that life got in the way. My new sense of adulthood and freedom meant that I was out meeting new people, going on dates and my addiction to food resurfaced. Over the last ten years I have seen myself slip further and further away from the person I wanted to be, and when I say this I mean it from the point of view of how I look on the outside. On the inside I have grown, more and more into the person I want to be; but at this point in my life the outside and the inside don’t connect. For Wintour&Guinness, what was meant to be just a casual blog sharing my latest foodie finds or my favorite magazine cover has now become I fear obsolete in my current day to day life. Talking about food is something I am very good at. I’ve become quite the “go to person” for people seeking a recommendation, even in the short time I’ve been back in Ireland and it’s at this moment in time that I feel enough is really enough. I feel its time to get back to that person I was so happy to be and I want to share with everyone my journey, going from where I am now to where I want to be. There’s a food revolution happening in Dublin and I intend to get smack bang in the middle of it. I want to seek out those that are trying to bring something new & healthy to this city and I want to find the people, places and tools I need to help get me to the place I so desperately want to be. So I hope you join me, share with me your own stories and fingers crossed with the New Year creeping upon us that each and every one of us reaches that place where we feel our best.

Taurean

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...