Monday, June 20, 2016

WINTOUR&GUINNESS AND THE PLACES I'VE BEEN LOVING IN DUBLIN LATELY


Meet Me In The Morning

I've been seeing quite a few Starbucks and Cafe Nero's opening up around Dublin in the last few months and whilst I am not a complete coffee snob and appreciate their place in the coffee/cafe world - I am always excited to see a new independent cafe open up. Meet Me In The Morning is a beautiful little spot just off Camden Street that I've been visiting quite a bit recently and I've been loving what Brian O' Keefe has been doing so far since he's opened. Expect delicious vegetarian based dishes and a selection of coffee's from around the world including Hexagone Coffee from Paris or Gardelli from Italy.


https://www.facebook.com/meetmeinthemorningcafe/



Fia

Having just moved out of Dublin 6 into The Liberties, I'm really, really missing my trips to what was my newest local, Fia. With the amazing Aisling McHugh on front of house (she was an absolute superstar in Bibi's in Portobello before Fia), to Johnny Northcutt working his magic on the coffee machine and Keith Coleman creating some of the best breakfast, brunch and lunch dishes in Dublin - its one of the best cafes to open up since I've moved home from Melbourne. Its polished, its comfortable and its the kind of cafe that keeps me wanting to come back for more and more. Now if I can just grab myself a day off soon - you'll know where to find me.


www.fia.ie



Sprout & Co. Kitchen

I've been a huge fan of Sprout & Co. since the minute I got off that plan from Melbourne. I spent so much of my monthly pay checks in Pressed Juices in Melbourne that I was desperate to find the best cold pressed juice in Dublin and with Sprout & Co. you can't get any better in my opinion. Their new cafe is so good that it attracts a mass following that's clearly evident during every trip I've taken there. Great coffee, great food, sensational treats from NutShed and with their nutrient dense juices and smoothies - this is somewhere I wish I could visit EVERY day.


http://www.sproutfoodco.com



Roasted Brown

Roasted Brown is without doubt one of my favourite spots in town for grabbing a quick coffee. The space itself is so airy and light filled that its just a pleasure to sit there, read a book or just watch the world go by down below. There is always a great buzz in the cafe and they do some cracking sandwiches too during the week. Truthfully we need more amazing spaces like this in the city centre.


http://www.roastedbrown.com



Eathos

I don't venture too much towards Ballsbridge these days now that I'm living in Dublin 8, but I do love dropping into Eathos whenever I get the chance. The team there are fantastic and the food is always great. Whenever I've built up the courage to walk past the sweet treats and not order one - I opt for the smoothie bowl which is delicious. It reminds me of one I used to have in this cafe on the Gold Coast in Australia every time I visited. Coffee from 3fe is prepared exceptionally well too and the cafe itself is bright, airy and has a great atmosphere.


http://eathosdublin.com



Cocu

I've been visiting Cocu a lot over the last few months for their Middle Eastern Chicken salad and healthy treats. These guys are committed to creating the healthiest treats possible and that's evident in owner Emilia's Snapchats every week. They've got two locations at the moment - one on Baggot Street and the other on Hatch Street (just behind The Odeon) so your never too far from them if your around the D2, 4, 6 or 8 parts of town.


www.cocu.ie



Gaillot et Gray

I've tried some amazing pizzas over the last few months and truth be told there are a lot great places for pizza in Dublin at the moment. One of the best places I've tried recently is Gaillot et Gray in Harold's Cross. It's a great little spot for a midweek after work dinner treat and what's great too is that you can bring your own booze (for the time being I believe). Make sure to check them out too during the early morning for their incredible breads and pastries. They're incredible.




Proper Order Coffee Co.

Having just moved to The Liberties recently, I'm a short distance from the wonderful Proper boys and their beautiful spot in Smithfield. Serving some superb coffees from UK based roaster Square Mile - these guys also do a special latte each week which I love trying.




Arran St East

Arran St East a beautiful brand that is creating some exceptionally beautiful pottery here in Dublin. Recently opening a space in Smithfield, I ventured up to check out the studio and instantly wanted several of their pieces. Championed by the likes of Makers & Brothers and Industry on Drury Street - these guys are making waves around the world.


Until next time folks....
SaveSaveSaveSave

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...